Table of Contents
Mosquitoes are pesky insects that are not only irksome but can put you at risk for diseases, too. That is why many homeowners are searching for convenient and effective mosquito killers, which will help solve this problem.
However, deciding which one to buy can sometimes give you additional trouble. With the vast array of products available, choosing the one that works can be a tricky part.
Good thing, we reviewed three of the best mosquito killers available. We picked the most popular, easy to use, and most importantly, effective electric mosquito killers.
Best Mosquito Killer Reviews
Our team tested and reviewed top-selling mosquito killers. Do they work? Are they convenient and easy to use? Let us find out.
1. Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer
Flowtron is a hanging electronic insect killer which attracts and kills mosquitoes and other insects. It is available in three spans of coverage, including 0.5 acres, one acre, and 1.5 acres.
Here are what the Flowtron Electronic Insect Killer offers:
- Killing grid: Equipped with a highly-efficient killing grid, this electronic insect killer has a high-voltage transformer as its power source. This guarantees to kill insects on contact. This killing grid is also non-clogging, which means dead insects won’t clog it, making it easy to clean.
- Attractant: The Flowtron Electronic Insect Killer uses an Octenol attractant, which is proven safe and effective by the USDA. Octenol can successfully lure the mosquitoes into the device. While the attractant is not required, it can significantly improve the effectiveness of this electronic device.
- Construction: This electronic mosquito killer has been made using polycarbonate, which is resistant to cracks, rust, and fading. It is hard-wearing and will last you years with proper use.
- Bulb: The Flowtron BK-15D uses a single 15-watt ultraviolet light lamp. This bulb is high intensity and is easy to replace when needed.
- Bonuses: Covered with a limited two-year warranty, the Flowtron BK-15D is guaranteed to be durable, efficient, and is worth every penny. The unit also comes with a free Octenol cartridge that will last for 30 days.
- Easy to operate
- Decorative lantern
- Security lighting
- One bulb can last for 10,000 hours
- Ready to use out of the box
- Comes with a hanging hook
- Effective in killing mosquitoes
- Works with or without attractant
- Larger insects would not fit in the grids
2. Zap It! Bug Zapper Twin Pack
Zap It! Bug Zapper is a handheld device for killing bugs and flying insects. It comes in a package of two and is a compact and portable insect killer.
The Zap It! Bug Zapper Twin Pack offers a lot of things, including:
- Killing power: This zapper kills bugs instantly with its 4,000-volt grid. It eliminates mosquitoes, flies, and other flying insects with one swipe. That is also thanks to its large surface area.
- Charging: The Zap It! Bug Zapper has a USB port at the near end of its handle. Thus, you can conveniently and quickly charge it and get it ready to use anytime. Additionally, the port is protected by a cover.
- Flashlight: The zapper has an integrated LED light located where the handle meets the head, making it easy for you to swat insects outdoors even when it’s dark. This also allows you to use the product outdoors.
- Safety: You don’t have to worry about getting electrified even if you accidentally touched the grid since a revolutionary triple-layer mesh has been incorporated. Similarly, the zapper has an indicator light which lights up when the product is switched on.
- Manufacturer guarantee: Both of the zappers included in the package come with a 100% lifetime replacement guarantee. You can easily have your unit replaced if ever you have encountered any issues.
- No batteries needed
- Fast and convenient charging
- Easy and safe to use
- Indoor and outdoor use
- Comes in packs of two
- Risk-free purchase
- Instruction manual not detailed
- Not very durable
- Won’t attract bugs
- You need to hold it whenever you need to kill bugs
3. GLOUE Bug Zapper Light Bulb Insect Killer
The Gloue Bug Zapper is basically a lightbulb that you install into a light socket. It works well in killing mosquitoes and other flying insects that come in contact with it. Check out a number of its features together with the pros and cons of using it.
- Innovative technology: This bug zapper uses an LED band that emits UV rays in wavelengths strong enough to zap insects. This wavelength attracts bugs and kills them at the same time. It does not only work on mosquitoes, but on flies and other insects.
- Powerful zapping: The Gloue Bug Zapper is very effective in killing insects with its powerful high-voltage metal grid that is electrically-charged to instantly zap out a limitless number of bugs.
- No chemicals: This bug zapper attracts insects without using any attractant and it kills them without poisonous sprays. It is absolutely chemical-free, which is ideal for kitchens, hospitals, bedrooms, and other places where using pesticides is not advisable. This device is harmless to household pets and humans.
- Unique slope design: The bug zapper has a 45-degree tilt design that allows dead mosquitoes to fall off, enabling continuous zapping action. This makes it easier to clean and prevents clogging at the same time.
- Kills in a wide range: The mosquito-killing lamp can attract insects from up to a five-mile radius. It can be used in any environment and ideal for homes, schools, or any area you want to keep bug-free.
- Easy to install: This device is just like a basic light bulb that you fit in your standard light socket. It is convenient and safe to use.
- Works effectively
- Covers a large area
- Ready to use out of the box
- Easy to clean
- Three modes
- Quick installation
- Nice look
- Won’t work on larger bugs
Out of the three mosquito killers we reviewed, we have decided that the Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer is the best mosquito killer. Compared with the two other products, it is more durable and we can say that it will last for years and after millions of bugs killed.
It attracts mosquitoes and other small bugs and kills them instantly on contact. It works even without the attractant but works best with it.
If you are looking for an effective mosquito killer, you can rely on the three but if you want the best, try the Flowtron Electronic Insect Killer. It will surely give you the bang for your buck.